Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Classic in Translation

I finished my first book for the 2018 Back to the Classics Challenge! 

I "bought" The Phantom of the Opera for kindle for $0 and then added the Audible Narration (I think that was $.99)  and I'm so glad I chose to listen to this one because I don't speak French and I would have butchered all the names in my head if I had been reading it instead of listening to it!  lol 

I knew the very very basic gist of the story but I had never read the book, seen the Opera, or watched a movie of this so it was still a surprise to me what happened and how everything happened.  It took me a while to get into it...probably an hour or two.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it but once I got into it I found myself taking a bit longer cleaning up the kitchen or things like that so that I could listen longer!  It was well written and interesting.  It won't be on my Top 10 favorite books or anything but I gave it a solid 5 stars. 

Linked to Karen's Back to the Classics - Classics in Translation post

1 comment:

carol said...

I listened to this a few years ago and didn't love it. I do agree listening to it was the better choice.